View Single Post
Old 07-14-05, 04:15 AM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

I'm leaving on a red eye Friday night. Since I've done nothing but play poker for the past 2 days, I want to get back to covering the Main Event a bit tomorrow. It's funny... I saw Matusow during one of our mutual breaks and was asking him about his stack. He told me where he was at, which put him in the chip lead or damn close to it. I told him how impressed I was, adding, "Not bad for a guy who dropped 4 F bombs in level 1" - That gave him a 40 minute penalty, in case you hadn't heard. He's talked about quitting playing poker forever if he finished high enough in this event, and I asked him about that. I sense he believes it, but I also don't think he'd actually quit. Love him or hate him, the guy is damn good. I'm hoping he makes the final table. Ivey and Raymer too. Can you imagine???

Anyway, I told Mike I was on break from the final table in the $1000 event across the room and he wished me luck. Right back atcha, Mike!

It was funny... when they announced the final table, the TD mentioned that I was a "Media Guy" and he read my name with "Talking Poker" in the middle, just like I wrote it. Pretty sweet, huh? Not 5 minutes later, TWO people I know from home had joined the railbirds watching. They couldn't believe it when they heard my name announced.

Sorry this is all so random.... my mind is kinda still gong crazy, ya know?

As for being so close to the bracelet and finishing 6th, I'm really not all that upset. Had my 77 held up and I taken down that near 100,000 chip pot, I seriously believeI would have had a VERY GOOD shot at winning the whole thing. But I was so crippled not long after that, that when we got to the final table, I had low expectations. I figure 9th was probable, 8th was possible, and 7th was a long shot. To finish 6th.... well, I'm thrilled with that.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker