View Single Post
Old 07-14-05, 04:38 AM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

One more quick thing to add here.... You would not believe how many times I tossed hands like AJ and even AQs, depending on the situation. I have no way of knowing for sure about all of them, but some of the laydowns I made were BIG.

I just checked. I have 8 pages of notes from the $1500 event (where I got busted with AQs, I might add) and 30 pages from this event. This is a small notebook, mind you, but still. There are a lot of hands I want to tell you about. One of them was, IMO, the best call I have made in my life. I called a helathy river bet with second pair and a flush on the board. No way would I make this call against a weaker player, but this guy was solid, and I was near certain I knew the move he was putting on me. And I was exactly right.

Oh, one more thing... I really enjoyed the people I got to play with. It's funny, online, people are so rude to each other, but in person, it's usually a totally different atmosphere. Robert Williamson III is an awesome guy, who I really enjoyed playing with, and learned a thing or two from too. He can go from being chatty and laughing and having fun to literally a blank expression after he looks at his cards when it's a hand he wants to play. It's really something.

I also got to play with Drew Dean - Matt Dean's brother (Matt finished 7th in the 2004 WSOP).... nice guy. I was rooting for him to go deep, but he got knocked out sometime today at a different table.

And lastly but not least, I met our very own (well, 2+2's very own, really), O Doyle Rules. You know, the guy who played 120,000 hands at True Poker for his WSOP buy in. I asn't at his table long, but he noticed my TP.com gear and introduced himself. Very nice guy.... Hopefully he'll come around these parts a little more often.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker