View Single Post
Old 01-30-06, 02:00 AM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points
Default Expired Threads...

Does anyone else find it annoying when a long since dead thread (like something from more than a year ago) us brought back to life?

This usually happens when an unknowing new poster does a search or comes to the site from a search engine and doesn't realize how old the thread they are replying to is. It also happens when a brand new member goes a little bit crazy, and replies to 5 or 10 or 20 old threads while they are browsing the site.

For the most part, it's no big deal, but when it brings a very old tread back to the top of the forum, I know it can be confusing, especially for those of us who stay on top of things and really only keep up with the active threads.

Here's an example (sorry to single out the new guy, but it' a good example):

I've done some digging, and I believe I can add a hack that will allow me to set a time period (from the last post in a given thread) to have threads automatically expire (close). Then, when someone tries to reply to the thread, they will get an error message. If we ever NEED to bring an old thread back to life, the Mods and I will still be able to reply to it, and viola - problem solved.

So, assuming people think this is a good idea, how long (since it's last post) do you think until a thread should automatically close? I'm thinking 30 days.

If you guys hate this idea for some reason, speak up. I'm planning on figuring it out tomorrow.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker