Thread: "16-0"
View Single Post
Old 12-28-09, 11:46 AM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points
Default "16-0"

What are your thoughts on teams getting to 14-0 or so and then not going for the perfect season? ie, yesterday, when the Colts were up 5 points and decided to bench Manning early and put in their backup scrub QB who very easily cost them the game and the perfect season?

I understand it's a matter of priorities, and obviously the Colts priority is being well rested for the playoffs and trying to win another Super Bowl. I personally just disagree with that logic. I think an undefeated season is something to be very proud of, and ranks your team right up there with the best of the best of all time. I think pulling your starters early in the final couple of games, and basically not trying your hardest and not caring if you win or lose is lame. It's quitting. Not only that, but it can certainly affect other teams playoff chances too. If Manning stays in and the Jets lose, that opens up a playoff spot for another team. How do you think they (and their fans) feel about the Colts half assing it?

This is something that has always bothered me about the NFL.

Final point: I saw an interview the other day with someone from the 72 Dolphins and they asked him if he could only choose one: The perfect season, his Super Bowl ring, or getting into the HOF, which would he choose. He said they all mean a lot to him, obv, but the perfect season is the most special to him.

That says a lot.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker