View Single Post
Old 11-11-04, 03:42 PM
Maniac

jimmytheg has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

I'm not sure what you mean by big season. And you can't know for a fact that they have the highest profits in baseball because MLB doesn't release those numbers.

Glaring weaknesses include 2nd base, 1st base, center field, their entire bullpen except for Rivera, a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th starter.

And if they do intend to get Randy, they will need to part with at least Posada, which makes catcher a glaring weakness. But I don't think they will get Randy, and definately not Pedro.

You say they were only 3 outs away from the series this year, but the sox were only 5 outs away with a 4 run lead last year....and in 1986 the sox were 1 strike away from winning the series. Doesn't mean anything till you finish the game.

Yeah, they lost Clemens and petite, but there was pitching on the market, hence the sox getting schilling. and brown and vasquez, who ended up bombing but were expected to be horses.

Their lineup is great 1-4, but there's a big dropoff afterwards. In fact, from 1-9, the Sox have a better lineup, and had one last year. The Sox were the top offense in the league last year. The Sox were better than the Yanks in every single category except for home runs...that includes hits, runs, 2b,3b,rbi, batting average, obp,slugging, and ops.

If the Nomar trade had happened earlier in the year, this sox team would have run away with the division. I beg to differ with your guarantee the Yankees will win the division next year.