View Single Post
Old 07-15-08, 11:25 AM
Shark

Windbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Points

These situations are pretty standard in mtt sngs. They happen several times over the course of one. The math in this particular situation is rather straight forward.

The more interesting math occurs in spots where you call off your chips. Weather you're a big stack or short stack, one of the biggest edges you can pick up in a SNG is knowing what spots to be calling people's shove with. Far too many people have little insight in these spots and play it improperly.

I have never really used an ICM calculator before. I think all these tools and programs that tell you what you should do are great when you can accurately input the information. However, I'm sure there's a lot of people that misuse these calculators. For me, I think I have a great understanding of what other players are doing and how good my cards are relative to their pushing range. I also understand fundamental tournament strategy/structure better than most players.

Some people don't realize that calling all off your chips as a 2 to 1 dog is sometimes far better off than folding and blinding yourself out. You have to understand your stack size to blind ratio, and risk-reward factor when you know you are making very -EV, but +ICM calls.