Thread: Probe please
View Single Post
Old 03-21-06, 10:52 PM
Rock

ashmc2 has between 100 and 249 Rep Pointsashmc2 has between 100 and 249 Rep Points
Default Probe please

I’ve always had issues with being aggressive with my play. I’ve never been much of a bluffer or semi-bluffer.

But In the last couple of weeks I’ve tried to add a little aggressive play in there on the flop. My stats are in the preliminary stage so I don’t know how accurate they will end up being. And I was wondering how many of you use this tactic and how often?

Ok, without further ado here is the play, which I am happy to say seems to be a positive. It is looking like I’ve been missing out on a lot of potential profits. But now I am scarffing them up with much vigor.

If I make mid or bottom pr on the flop and I only have one or 2 in it with me on the flop I started throwing a ½ to ¾ pot sized bet out there. I also use this strategy when I play a small pr and don’t spike my set. I’d have to say right now it looks like they fold about 2/3 of the time. I find this to be stunning. I used to be a little bitch and sit back and check and usually end up dropping these hands on a later street. I used to bet about half the time if it was checked around to me. Now I usually always throw a bet out there even with much of nothing if they show weakness. And if they reraise I know I’m beat or if they call I slow down a little and reevaluate on the turn.

I decided to try this because of reading how you guys bet just to see where your at in the hand. I’m finding that these probe bets work to let me know what I’m up against or win the pot out right.

ashmc2