View Single Post
Old 12-04-05, 08:48 AM
<<<<<

Penguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsPenguinfan has between 500 and 749 Rep Points

I'm not sure where this thread is going, but I'll respond to the original poster.

When you are in a satellite like that where all 40 players or whatever the number is gets the same prize I think it's fairly common that once you are down to the bubble or two players to go that the 8 people at the table who have pretty much secured their seat start to "root" for the short stack at their table and try to get him in the money with them.

I am pretty sure thats why Stars has turned off the chat completely in satellites like that (at least turbo ones for sure) when you get 10 players from the bubble, to avoid this sort of thing which is technically collusion.

The satellites I play are mostly turbo ones and I have to say that I don't have the same attitude. Not that I am a prick (at least not for this purpose) but I want the game over and my seat secured ASAP simply becasue I have seen big stacks get whittled away and miss out. It may be becasue of thier own bad play or becasue the blinds go up so violently in those turbo games, but in any event I will pick on the short stack if I have a hand and not help him survive.