View Single Post
Old 01-25-08, 08:47 AM
Forum Addict

Wes has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsWes has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsWes has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsWes has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsWes has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsWes has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsWes has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsWes has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsWes has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsWes has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsWes has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points
Default Rambly Drunk High (Spoiled Blog) Post

Sitting here at 6 AM, I think I've had a revelation of sorts. Be it the drugs, but somehow I think I am seeing it clearer now. Before, as a professional poker player, I was happy making good, hell even great money. I'm certainly not hurting for cash in any way, but there are purchases in which I still can't make.

You see during the day, me and a group of buddies looking for a sick party house to rent out, there were no rental houses available at the moment, but there were houses to own. We are rolling around in the sickest part of town where skiing is great and these 4-5 bedroom log cabins are basically super fucking sick. I call up the agent and he tells me the house is 900k. I almost shit myself. Fuck, I'm rich, just not THAT rich.

And that's what makes me realize I am not happy with myself. I've just become content grinding 5/10 for a reasonable good house, but I can't just go ahead right now and dump 900k in cash right there on a house I was just cruising by. I want to do that. I want to be a baller. Call it a material want that I shouldn't have, or fuck even a spoiled bastard that runs too well at life, but fuck it, I WANT THIS. I want to be the fucking king. Elvis ain't got shit on me.

And that's why I need to play more. No more one or two hour working days. You know how ridiculous that is that I can make 250k a year playing ONE HOUR A DAY GRINDING MID STAKES! That is ridiculous. Just think how much I'd make if I were playing say even 5 hours a day and moving up finally. Something easily done with all the free time I waste on the internet (on forums like this!) and stop being a vagina. I shouldn't be wasting away my time with mid stakes shit.

As a professional poker player, I even fucking know this. I'll go to the nearest store even if it costs 50% than a place 2 minutes farther away. That place is too far away, I'm wasting away 2 minutes of my day SHOPPING. And shit, shopping is more important than reading about 300/600 on FTP, because who cares about that? Unless of course, I am the motherfucker at 300/600. And Fuck it, I'm going to make it. No more grinding 5/10. I'm taking on you high stake bitches here soon. Fuck it I'm rolled for it, but was always too much of a pussy before. No more.

I shall strive to be more. Not only in my career, but in my life too. There's no reason why I should be out of shape. Look at how much free time I have a day, even if I work 5 hours a day. That's at least 7 hours a day of shit I can do. You telling me I can't squeeze in 1-2 hours at the fucking gym. Of course I can. Of course I should. And fucking A, of course I will.

That's what I am going to change. No more being a pussy. I need to do this shit NOW. Not a day later, not an hour later. I don't need to keep making excuses for myself. I WANT TO BE THE FUCKING KING!

I'm off to go to the local gym open here and going to get a personal trainer. This is the day I changed my life from semi-rich fat kid, to guy everyone knows as being an awesome motherfucker.