View Single Post
Old 02-19-07, 01:29 AM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

Very nice post. It's a shame the tl;dr crowd will miss this. I think it's worth reading multiple times, honestly.

While I consider you a much stronger HU player than I am, I was actually surprised to see how much of this I agree with - pretty much all of it.... ESPECIALLY the part where you talk about shoving (5th bet) with KK, QQ, and AK, but only calling with JJ, TT, and AA. I think your logic around that is flawless.

I also agree with your postflop analysis too. You wrote it better than I could have, but as I read through it, I was seriously surprised about how similarly we play HU. I had you pegged as much more aggressive than me, but now I'm not so sure. I suspect I should be playing oesd's and big flush draws harder than I do on the flop.... Which brings me to this question:

Assuming deep stacks and a preflop raise, (decent pot), if you bet 8 or more outs on the flop and get raised, what do you do? How often do you reraise vs. shove vs. just call? If you need to make up numbers for the pot and stacks and break down the difference between holding 87 on an A56 rainbow flop vs. AhTh on a Jh7h2x flop, go for it. Otherwise, assume the reraise would put 25-50% of your stack in the middle and you've got a fairly big draw, but not a huge one.... ie, 8-12 outs, but not 15+. We're on the button and just got check raised. And please answer vs. LAGs especially, but I guess vs. everyone else too.

Damn... that's kind of a tall order. I suppose that's complex enough to be it's own thread entirely, but you broke down the rest of your HU play so well, I'll bet you could explain this too.

Any chance we can get you to make a HU video sometime?

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker