View Single Post
Old 04-14-08, 09:40 AM
Rock

hackers238 has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointshackers238 has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointshackers238 has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

Thanks a lot for the post mel! Lets see what I can do...

Well actually, I'm playing FR, which has 9 seats on FTP. So that means that I'm losing 1.4BB/orbit over 466 orbits, which is 652 BB, so I am +252 BB in that comparison. Still healthily positive, so not so much changes there.

I know fully that I am no where near an optimal player. I am always looking for ways to improve. I also agree that I should probably cut back tables (I currently 8 table primarily). I think the reason I wasn't cutting back tables was two-fold. Assuming I'm a winning player experiencing a downswing, the more volume I put in the less variance and the faster I get out of it. I (was) under the mentality that assuming I'm going to go on an x hand downswing regardless of # of tables, that playing 8 tables would get me through it 4 times as long as 2 tables. Of course this is kind of a silly thought process because everything is magnified over 8 tables: subtle tilt, and a losing psychology. Lately I always get it all in with KK or AA preflop and just expect them to be cracked.

The other reason I wasn't cutting back tables was monthly hand goals. My goal (was) 20K hands for April, of which I'm less than halfway there (big negative sessions make me end early ). I think that although it's good to set goals, the only ultimate goal that should override all others is to improve your game in any way possible. By playing so many tables it's very easy to lose sight of this.

Another leak I'm finding is playing statistics and players to much. At NL100+, this is probably the way to go; but I'm at NL25, where math and solid grinding is much more profitable. Too often I'm analyzing hands from weeks ago where I lost big money on a flop CB/3betshove play with air, and thinking "wtf was I doing?". Then on looking up the villain in PT, finding that he's a 60% raiseCbet over 400 hands.

I also CB way too many multi-way and 3bet pots (Not sure if always CBing 3b pots is a leak at NL25... I CB 2/3 pot against non-regs and I feel like I must be positive in that situation, but I'm at work with no PT...). This looks to be the main reason my non-SD is $100 below my SD. I think that when you start playing a serious game, and make the switch from weak-passive fish to a tight-aggressive style, it's better to over CB then under CB, at least to get the feel of it. But now maybe it's time to back off, especially since regs probably have 3000+ hands on me (considering I do on them), and see my CB% hovering at 90%.

All in all thanks for the post, I know I ramble quite a bit here but it's more me just thinking aloud, and very helpful for my game. If anyone see's any errors in my thought process, please point them out, I can't be offended!

Note to Self - Play ABC Poker.