Thread: Chat ban
View Single Post
Old 10-31-08, 09:32 AM
CELTICS BACK TO BACK BITCHES

drewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

Man man man,

donk and I were chatting, and this other person inserted themselves in the conversation by asking what we were talking about. So he responded. Simple. He didnt attack that person, he wasnt trying to offend that person, he was simply 'speaking' as he normally would. JOKING. He wasnt infering the person was black, white or purple. His posting "I didnt know the person was black" was simply meant to say....'if I had known (which he obv. couldnt) they were black and would throw a hissy fit, I would have chosen another witty slang word etc.'

IT WAS A JOKE...........we werent talking about smoking crack, he was joking about smoking crack. He didnt call the person a racial slur, not even close. To take an example used here further, what if we were talking about music, and the player asked something like "What line does he sing there?" and he types in "xxxxxxxxxxxx my nigga" from some rap song. Is that offensive to everyone? Should he have his chat banned? Should he be called immature and have his character questioned? Think about it in that context. He simply wasnt calling anyone anything. He was using a slang word that is widely used today. If you arent allowed a little slack to type/say things like this ON THE FRIGGIN INTERNET, where can you? The pc crowd has gone way too far.

To show you how silly this all was, I had my chat banned for a whopping 3 hours because when I was leaving I typed "later biatch". So, technically this can be construed as offensive in a certain context. If I had been speaking directly to another player and called them a 'bitch', maybe MAYBE I should be punished and/or reprimanded. But I was again JOKINGLY typing a word.

Donk posted this thread because he was asked to. RD asked for the details.
Again, the person could have ignored our chat. THEY ASKED US WHAT WE WERE TALKING ABOUT. The person at the tables had a stick up her ass, as do many of you here. Uninsert please.