View Single Post
Old 12-02-05, 01:40 AM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

After he saw the posts here and realized he was busted, the "leaker" sent me $125 on Stars for my troubles. He then PM'd me and asked me to remove his IP addresses from this thread.

I replied, wanting to know the reasoning behind his actions, because for the life of me - still - I can not think of a non-malicious reason why someone would leak the password. Keep in mind, this person didn't spam the forum, and tell people to come here to get the password. What they did was go to RGP, create a brand new account there, and then anonymously post a few simple lines, stating the name of the tourney and the password to get in. Not one mention of this site or the requirements everyone else had to go through to get the password. All this, after watching how closely I was guarding the password for the past few weeks and what everyone had to go through to get it, including all the new people having to wait until 5 minutes before the tourney started.

If anyone can come up with a possible non-malicious reason that someone would do this, I'd love to hear it. Because all I can come up with is that they wanted to wreck the freeroll for everyone here... namely me.

I do appreciate the $125 repayment gesture - but I am CERTAIN that would not have come if not for this person getting busted. But what I would really like to see is a public apology and explanation for these actions. Of course, when I asked him to make such a post, the PM reply I got was:

So I guess I can take that as a no.

I haven't banned him for this, and I don't plan on it.... I'm still just in disbelief. Keep in mind - this was a trusted poster... someone who has been around for a very long time and contributed a lot to this forum.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker