View Single Post
Old 12-21-08, 03:31 PM
MC Adam Yauch

PShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep PointsPShabi has between 2500 and 2999 Rep Points

Oh boy....DISAPPOINTED is not strong enough. I started playing midway through '03 and profited around $3k. In '04, I tripled that. In '05, I had my best year profitting around $13k. I moved out here at the end of '06 and my career outside of poker became abundantly more important to me. I still squeaked out $6k. In '07, I played very little. I wasn't motivated at all and my abilitiy compared to the ability of my opponents wasn't as good as it used to be. The games got much tougher. Still, I was able to profit a little bit. I made around $3500 (w/o digging up my tax records).

Fast forward to '08 and my poker career is basically dead. I barely play. I go 2-3 weeks w/o sitting down for a session. When I do, I seemingly log a losing session everytime. the games are so much tougher than they used to be. I do absolutely nothing to improve my game. I have no motivation to play. I just looked at my records, honestly, for the first time as a whole for '08. You guys ready for my staggering numbers?????

-$345.

Yep. I lost $345 this year. What a fucking joke. I figured I was right around break even. What used to be a passion, is damn near nothing to me. Now, if I was still able to make money like I used to, maybe I'd be more motivated to play. Who knows? The fact is I don't care about poker. A 3 month downswing for me today would've been two weeks worth of hands a few years ago. When you aren't playing many hands and you are losing when you do play, it's a bitch.

I look back at my "career" and realize that it was a substantial amount of money for a "hobby." I'm happy with that. I wish I could still do what I used to, but I'm afraid poker has passed me by. In my passion to play and learn, but also my ability compared to those I compete with.

Recently, I cashed out to pay for Christmas. My FTP account has $380 in it right now. I'll fuck around with that, probably playing $1/2 LHE (lol, oh fuck) and see if I can flip it into something substantial. If not, I'll still be around for the community and friendship but other than that, bye bye poker.