View Single Post
Old 12-06-05, 10:36 AM
Tin Foil Hat Club Member

Nikita has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsNikita has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsNikita has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsNikita has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsNikita has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsNikita has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsNikita has between 750 and 999 Rep Points

Personally, I only play small pokets in late position and I raise 3XBB when I have them in that position. This usually clears the field of less than average hands and I get to act last. If after the flop everyone checks before me, I play aggressive and bet around half the pot. Then I watch how everyone reacts. Sometimes everyone folds, sometimes they don't, but I find if everyone keeps checking to me on the turn and river, I'm the only one whose got a made pair. My goal here is to not go to showdown because they can easily be beat.

If I'm SB or BB, then I call to see the flop cheap (I'm might call a small raise, depending on the odds). I don't like playing those pockets in first position because it's hard to get a read on if they are holding up or not.