View Single Post
Old 09-10-08, 08:29 PM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

Holy cow, I step out for a few hours (part of which time I was tracking down a roller on PTP, I might add), and this place goes crazy!

First: Welcome to the new people. There are a number of members here who are members at PTP as well (myself included), and I think the sites compliment each other well. PTP is the crazy big site, where TP is a little more laid back and relaxed. PTP is the nuts for staking, but I'd put the TP Hand Discussion up against any forum on the net.

My only point here is, good peeps on both sites (for the most part).

The reason you received negative rep - I assume - is because you were completely unknown (Post #2) and offering to do money trades for people for a fee. I know you, Brian knows you, etc, etc... but not everyone here does. So I think it was a reasonable reaction. How would an unknown personbe treated on PTP if their first couple of posts were looking for money making opportunities and offering to do trades for a fee? You know the answer to that. Hopefully you see my point.

Also, don't sweat the Rep system. It has a funny way of being extremely accurate over time.

Anyhoo... I have no problem with you doing trades for people, but as Zybomb and jillaj were saying, there are currently plenty of other free alternatives for long time members here.

Sometimes people need money and no one is willing to help them though (for whatever reason). And for those people, I think you'll be an asset. So GL, but like I said in your first post, be careful. I'd hate to see you get scammed, and it does happen, as you know, I'm sure.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker