View Single Post
Old 11-13-04, 05:26 AM
Maniac

jimmytheg has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

What I said was that Andruw Jones was equivilant to bernie williams at the plate, not in the field. So work on your fucking reading comprehension before you flame me. And career wise bernie is on average better than jones in every hitting category except for home runs, so maybe i was wrong...hes not even the equivilant of bernie. Whether you want to believe it or not, there is more to hitting than home runs.

I don't argue that Jones is the best defensive center fielder in the league, but he is most definately NOT the best overall cf. I would much rather have Beltran.

I was obviously kidding about half the league hitting 40 home runs...but Giambi still only hit .250 in 2003, and his future worth has to be questionable....that shouldnt be hard to accept.

And you talk about seeing a trend with those Yankee stats....yes I do see a trend. I see a team that has lost its dominance in the division. I see that their divison lead at the end of the year was smaller every year, even though their win totals were basically the same. I see that the new ownership of the Red Sox has closed the gap. And I also see the regular season dominance as you call it hasnt translated to championships. Which is why they are paper champions...

So what has steinbrenner actually produced? signing overpaid, selfish, bad clubhouse guys, who won't perform when it really matters..... having a horrendously thin starting staff, a bullpen that could only depend on 1 guy in the postseason, and almost no bench players......basically the exact opposite team model than what the championship Yankees were.