View Single Post
Old 01-05-07, 12:56 AM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

Yeah, there is another Battleship tourney, but the only way I'll get to play in it is if I'm out of the Main Event by then, which isn't going to happen.

Tonight was a lot of fun. We went down to the cocktail party, and weren't there 3 minutes before I spotted Kurn. I introduced mysefl, sat down, and had dinner with him, his wife, and a couple of other MM guys. Walking around later on, I spotted BL's shirt and said hello. He's either a little bit shy or maybe just too cool to hang out with an old man like myself. Just kidding, but it was a brief hello.

I bumped into Fabrice (from the WSOP), who had his buddy Herbe with him. Herbe was the guy making the movie about Fabrice at the WSOP (do a search for more info - I don't feel like digging up a link). He saw me and said something to the effect of "You're a star in my movie" or something like that. I wish I could remember the exact words, but apparently, that hand where I folded AKs face up preflop and called Fabrice's hand exactly (JJ) is some good stuff. Cool. I gave him my email address and he's going to send me a copy of the film when it's done, which I think should be soon. It's going to air on some European tv channel. I wonder if it will be primarily in English or French?

I saw a numbrr of other familiar faces and said hello to them too, and then I spotted Taylor from CardRunners. I introduced myself, told him how much I enjoy his site and videos, and we chatted for a few minutes. Really nice kid, even if he promised to bust me if I'm at his table on Saturday. It was weird hearing his voice (exactly as it sounds) but actually seeing his face when he's talking. He also introduced me to Andrew and another guy who's name I forget. Good group.

I saw Brad Otis (Poker Stars Blogger) and reintroduced myself to him. He even remembered that I'm from "Talking Poker." Super nice guy... turns out he's good friends with badblood - they are from the same town - and he says that badblood wears his TP hat al the time. Good boy!

After that, we went up to Raymer for a picture, and the next thing I know, he and I are having a "discussion" (not an argument!) about his lawsuit against the WPT. I understand where he's coming from, and I respect his right to choose not play in any WPT events, but I still disagree with him on the whole issue and think the lawsuit is bad for poker. I couldn't help but point out that the language he objects to in the WPT release is also in the Poker Stars release (and even worse - they can make me wear Stars gear at he final table!) that I signed earlier today. Hmmmmmm...

Anyway, Kurn spotted us talking and came over to join us. He told Raymer about the forum and invited him here, and Greg accurately replied that if he came here, he'd probaly bring along more donkey players with him than he would good ones. A fair point, but I still think it would be cool if he stopped in. I told him he could make up a name that no one would recognize, like "Man of Fossils" or "Raymer Lover" or something. Heh.

After that, I spotted Isabelle an her Mom, so we went over and said hello to them. I SUCK at that European cheek kiss thing. I mean, I seriously do. We chatted for a bit, and then all headed off to the bar in the lobby for drinks. Kurn came along, and I gave him his pile of TP loot. I can't wait to see him wearing that TP hat when he takes down the MM on Saturday! We had drinks for an hour or two (Kurn is a Patrone man - who knew?) and then left... Changed and went for a walk after that, and finally stopped by the poker room. Bumped into P0ker H0 who asked to swap 3% with me, which I agreed to, of course. When P0ker H0 offers you a swap, you take it. I'm probably going to swap 5% with Steve Stolzmann (he's playing in the Australia tourney) too, bringing me to 8% swapped. Boobie - if you see this in time and want to swap 2% with me, I'll do it. If not, no worries and no offence taken. Let me know.

I guess that's it for tonight... Tomorrow is a day of relaxing and touristy stuff, and then it's time to get down to business on Saturday.

TP out.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker