View Single Post
Old 09-26-05, 10:53 PM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

My goals for this tourney, in case anyone was wondering:

1. Make it through Day 1.
2. Make it into the money.
3. Cash for at least $10,000, so he people who bought shares of me will at least break even.
4. Make it to the final table (9 players) to get some more POY points (this is the least important goal).
5. Make the tv table (6 players).
6. Win the tourney and at least $1 million.

I can cross Goal #1 off the list now, but as you can see, I have a looooong way to go.

Like I did with my WSOP tourney, I will type up a detailed tourney report after I get home. I'm definitely not going to do that now though, as I wouldn't want any of my opponents to be able to get an edge

All in all though, the day went really well. I lost a good 25% of my chips in the first level, after getting called down with a 44 (no kidding) and being reraised on the river with a big AQ hand I had. I was realy hoping to start "up" early, but I managed to turn it around in Level 3 and it's been a steady climb since. I've only been all in where I could be knocked out once all day, and my top two pair held up (against a well played gutshot draw). The end of that hand was filmed, but the only way that will ever mke the air is if I make the tv final table. It wasn't very exciting.... just me cringing when I realized his 11k all in raise was a few hundred chips more than I had left and saying, "I don't think there is any way I can let this go" and calling, turning over top 2.

My stack was as high as maybe 42k or so. I lost $1400 on he final two hands of the night just by posting my BB (800) and SB (400) and antes (100 each). I would have loved to fight back against the blind thieves, but with 72o and 73o, literally, I figured there was no need to get silly.

Well, I guess that's all for now. I'm sure the UB blog and other sites will be updated with all the chips counts soon. I hope so anyway. I'm certainly not one of the leaders any more, but I am well above the average. I'm happy...

Now if you wil excuse me, TP needs to get in the pool!

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker