View Single Post
Old 11-04-09, 01:57 AM
Shark

Windbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsWindbreaker has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Points

I think it's pretty bad. Especially given the situation - deep stacked, WSOP ME final table bubble, against an amateur.

The preflop and flop play is what I consider standard.

On the turn, when the board pairs and he's checked to, I think it's best to check behind here....cause if the river is a blank, we can either call a value bet from Moon or bet it ourselves if checked to.

When he gets checked raised on the turn - he can only beat semi-bluffs. His shove is wreckless. You can not expect Moon to fold a full house / flush in this spot...cause he's an amateur. You are guessing what an amatuer will do here.

Our hand is really just a bluff catcher now - I don't expect to many 2's in Moon range. If that's the case why not call and peel one off with position. If you're beat, there's a lot of river cards that can slow him down and you'll get more information. By shoving, you let all worse hands fold and most better hands call.

Given the way Moon played the hand - you should expect him to have:

A flush, full house, or pair+flush draw. Your 5 high flush doesn't have very good equity vs this range of hands.

With the amount of chips he had at this stage of the tournament, there's no way he should ever be all in without a hand close to the nuts. He literally cost himself million(s) - in equity at least.