Thread: Soccer -
View Single Post
Old 12-16-06, 04:33 PM
squeezed the charmin

melioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

Just got back from vacation and I am happy to find this thread.

I casually follow the EPL and Championship league (esp teams with Americans on them), La Liga, Seria A, and, to a lesser extent, the dutch, german and Mexican leagues. But I would only really consider myself a fan of MLS. Yes it is shitty soccer, yes the team names are a joke, and yes the league is run by a bunch of losers with very little exception (the exceptions sadly lost a good one recently-RIP Lamar Hunt). But being an American who loves soccer, I got to root for the home country league. I don’t understand American soccer fans that disparage the MLS but are fanatic about European soccer. It is reminiscent of fake english accent. With that said I would gladly sacrafice a pig or something if I thought it would help Watford avoid relegation.

Favorite team-NE Revolution. I have seen at least 4 Revs home games each season. Don’t think that I will continue that streak after moving to the Midwest. But I will never allow myself to root for the Fire.

Favorite Player-American-probably C. Dempsey, but really we are still such a small soccer nation that any I like US player that represent in a good manner.
Favorite Overall- .
Favorite Ever-As a defender I have to go with the .

Finally, Studio-congrats on the win!!