View Single Post
Old 01-02-06, 12:03 PM
I'm on a boat

Reel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

Well, this all happened at the $100 NL tables at UB. I ran into a guy that seemed to know my hole cards and also knew what was coming. He was super aggressive, would limp and then call almost any PFR and would constantly coming over the top of any CB I made. This bled me for a while and I decided to try to mix things up and trap him and to at least make a stand on a few hands. Well, the times I decided to make a stand he would hit on the turn or river to beat me. One example was when he called a 4xBB raise when I held AK, the flop comes K95 rainbow, I make a pot size bet, he comes over the top and I push, he calls and flips over 52o (wtf?) and of course a 2 comes on the turn. Another time he's on a flush draw and I've got him beat and make pot size bets on the flop and turn and he hits the flush on the river and takes another big chunk from me. Twice I get pocket AAs and he folds in front of me (he probably folded preflop about 10% of the time). The guy rarely had to go to the showdown because he would make huge bets on the turn or river and rarely get called. When he did get called he would hit some miracle two pair or gut-shot. This is normally the kind of player I love to play against because he's eventually going to give it all back playing the crap he played. Well, not that night, I stuck around too long to try to get it back and he kept sucking out on me or would make huge bets that I just couldn't call. He probably took close to $300 from me. This knocked my bankroll on UB down to about $90 and I left and went to another table, then the QQ hand above happened and with only $20 I again got all my $ in with the best hand after the flop only to lose to a 5-outer on the river. I really don't think any of this was caused by tilt (now that I've had time to think back on it, most of the decisions I made were correct it was just a string of bad luck).

As far as playing above my bankroll, I'm comfortable at the $100 NL tables. My online bankroll might be too small for that, but money is not really an issue for me. I enjoy (well, I think I enjoy it) the game and the cerebral challenge it presents... I'm not really in this as a means for a 2nd income.

I've had a few days to think things over and basically came to the same conclusion that's given in TP's advice above... take some time off, read some books, come back fresh and play at a low limit for a while. I'm also going to move most of my bankroll to a site where I've had a lot of success.

Thanks for the advice guys, it's always welcomed!