View Single Post
Old 01-09-06, 07:37 PM
Back in business!

lightfungus has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointslightfungus has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointslightfungus has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointslightfungus has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointslightfungus has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointslightfungus has between 750 and 999 Rep Pointslightfungus has between 750 and 999 Rep Points

I guess I don't know much about McNair, but from what I have heard he was (I would say is but...) pretty intelligent on the field. I may be wrong, but someone with more knowledge of the Titans from about 5 years ago could let us know. Last time I checked, he was African American.

My girlfriend is black, so I don't take kindly to stuff like this. To be honest, I was surprised at the stereotypes I found hidden in myself over the 3 years I have been with her. I, after all, considered myself nothing of a racist, but I found some disturbing stuff inside. You do need to realize that the comments you made are racist (if you deny this still, check the dictionary); you made a statement that implies all black quarterbacks are incapable of doing what Manning does. You generalized and said that a difference in race implies a difference in certain characteristics. I do not think you are A racist, but you made a racist comment, and as much as they are socially taboo I also think they represent a bit of immaturity. You cant organize the world and you can't categorize it. Cliche time: Don't judge a book by its cover.