Thread: note taking?
View Single Post
Old 09-16-08, 08:47 PM
Rock

hackers238 has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointshackers238 has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointshackers238 has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

SOL - Stacks off Light. Value bet him thin!
3BL - 3Bets light. Set mining 3bs go down in implied, 4bet your AK.
s/f - Steal fold
s/c - Steal call -- These help me resteal from the SB/BB, or BT. If he's the kind who calls I need a high FCBet, especially if I'm OOP because then I'll be firing into the dark a fair amount of the time.

ATB - Attached to bluffs. Good to trap with the nuts rather than raise early and scare them off.

DF/DS - Draws fast/ Draws Slow. Good to add draws to their range when they're betting the flop/turn.

MBS/MBW - Minbet strong, minbet weak. I generally assume weak, but if someone is minbet/3b me on the flop I generally take a note.

SP/SSP - Slow Play / Super Slow Play - If someone checks a wet flop with a set, they might get a slow play. if they check it 4-way and in position, they definitely get one. And if they check it down until the river, and then bet 2x or 3xBB, they get a super slow play.

Short stacks are pretty easy to read just by using a HUD, but if you're not running one you might want different colors or notations for bad (passive) short stacks, and good aggressive ones. It helps you call the good one's shoves with weaker holdings on the flop.

All of these are also mostly used for non-tag players. I generally try to think more in depth with tags because they're like me and I can relate to their style. They're also more likely to be thinking players than 70/10/0.5 players, so I don't want to pigeon hole them as much.

Note to Self - Play ABC Poker.