Thread: Final Table
View Single Post
Old 11-11-09, 08:17 PM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

I didn't read all of the above yet, so I apologize if this has been addressed, but the thing that tilted me the most was Moon's lie to his wife.

It's like a 234 board or something and there is > $40 million in the pot. It's $6 million more for him to call (with his horribly played KQ) and he folds. He then tells his wife:

-He folded QQ....
-BECAUSE he though his opponent had AK with a flush draw....
-and he thought he'd get there and didn't want to give him $6 million more.

WHAT
THE
FUCK???

Being embarrassed about your horrible play is one thing, but to make up a lie that makes you sound 10 times worse than saying "I got caught bluffing" is just ridiculous. I mean, the fact that that line could even make any amount of sense to him in his brain is just ridiculous.

As for the rest of the play, keep in mind, we were seeing a very small sample of the hands played. That may not make up for all of it, but it certainly could explain some of it. Like I don't have a problem with Ivey folding the JJ there at all. If it turned out he was up against QQ+/AK 90% of the time (could very well have been his read), it's a good fold. Only because people saw he was up against 77 are they being results oriented. If he was up against AA, people would say it was a great fold, and had he been up against AA and 4 bet shoved, people would say it was awful. I'm willing to give Phil Ivey a little bit of credit and say I'm sure he had a good reason for making the read he did and it was fine.

Schulman's comment about the A8 call on the other hand... wow. Just goes to show how huge of a nit he is. He and his Helmuth style gave him no chance to win, basically blinding down until it was 5 handed. Nice job moving up a few spots.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker