View Single Post
Old 10-10-07, 11:28 PM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points
Default Why does God hate Lee Watkinson?

So, I'm watching last night's WSOP (Final Table Part 1), and I have to tell you, I didn't realize God was so interested in poker tournaments. I always pictured him as more of a roulette Guy.

So anyway, when Lee Watkinson pushes a massive 10 million chip all in bet in the middle with A7o and Jerry Yang calls with A9o (I'll let each of you decide which play was worse), both guy's respective "camps" immediately go to God to I guess reshuffle the deck. I mean, the action in the hand was done, the cards to follow have been predetermined by the dealer's shuffle, yet here's Jerry Yang asking Jesus for help and Watkinson's fiancé demanding, "Father make me a believer!" (Strange that a woman of such obvious Faith would choose this particular situation to insist that God prove his existence to her, but let's ignore that for the time being). She went on to say something I couldn't quite make out: "Jesus.. something something... a wicked man (???!!!) shall not prosper" - I don't know what it was, but it was pretty clear what she was asking for - she wanted a Divine Intersuckout.

So anyway, Jerry's hand holds up, Lee goes home, and I'm left sitting there... staring at my tv... wondering why God hates Lee Watkinson.

Seriously though... nothing against people having faith and being religious and all that... but as a society, haven't we gone a little overboard when we are asking God for help with river cards in poker tournaments? I mean, isn't He busy with more important things, like deciding which football teams he likes better, and which 9999/10,000 wanna-be rappers should fail miserably and not win Grammys?

Disclaimer: I haven't finished watching yet, so if there are better examples of this ridiculousness to follow, forgive me for not citing them.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker