Thread: Vegas Bound
View Single Post
Old 07-06-12, 08:14 PM
Professional Amateur

Invigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsInvigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsInvigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsInvigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsInvigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsInvigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsInvigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsInvigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsInvigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsInvigilator has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Points

I am back. No bracelet, no money.

I made it until about 9 pm on day one. I had a few good hands, AA ove KK and KK over QQ, but it was hard to stay ahead of the structure.

At my first table, I was playing weel, but the dude to my immediate right played 2 hands with me, and called my hand both times. It was unsettling.

At my remaining tables the play was very aggressive. I was able to take advantage of this at one point by flat calling ashort stack's all-in with AA because there was a super aggressive big stack behind me. Sure enough, he tried to isolate with an all-in hold AK.

I got to play with Vanessa Rousseau a bit, but she was on life support when she came to my table. Over all a better year.

I hope to play in my qualifying league again next year.

For the remaineder of the trip I just wanted to play. I played 1-2 at Harrah's and finished up a tiny bit after 2 days. I also cashed in a day tournament there.

One of the more interesting things I got to do was play a HORSE tournament at the MGM.

I knew my LH skills were weak, but I really got my head handed to me in O8.

Strangely enough I di very well in Razz and Stud8, which kept me in the game for a few hours. In the end, I was definitely out of my league, but that tournament was the most fun I had playing poker for the entire trip.

Last note, my travelling companion decided to sit at my 1-2 table for some reason, and he tried to slow play a flopped straight against me in an unraised pot. I had flopped top 2, and I turned a house. He was pretty dejected when I took all of his money.