View Single Post
Old 12-03-07, 10:38 PM
Rock

hc422709 has between 50 and 99 Rep Points
Default Overall Analysis

Ok, here are some thoughts:

Raise with Suited Connectors just to vary play
Apparently I'm supposed to raise pocket pairs, I really don't know why at the moment, seems to me that i'd want to just check/call for set odds... but at the moment, i'll put them in the category of "varying play".

Now, I will divide my pre-flop range into 3 categories, Early/Middle/Late positions, which obviously I will play more hands at later positions.

Early Position:
Playable Hands: AA KK QQ JJ AKs AK AQs AQ AJs KQs TT-22
Raise-able Hands: All of them if im opening.
3bet-able Hands: All of them except 22-88 unless I get set odds (which I won't).

Middle Position:
Playable Hands: Everything Mentioned Above + ATs KJs AJ AT QJs KTs KQ KJ Suited Ace-rags Suited Connectors
Raisable Hands: All of them if im opening
3bet-able Hands: Same as in Early Position

Late Position:
Playable Hands: Everything Mentioned Above + QJ A9 and one gap Suited Connectors
Raisable Hands: All of them if im opening
3bet-able Hands: Same as in Early Position

This should allow me to have one of those glorious VPIP/PFR stats, and just to make sure, I did some calculations: (This is assuming 169 Starting Hands in Hold'em, which I believe is correct)

Early Position:
Hands played: 19
Hands Raised: 19
3bet Hands: 8 (My guess is 3bet with usual premiums + TT/99)

Middle Position:
Hands played: 34
Hands Raised: Original 19 + 7 = 26 (I think about half the time I will raise with the other cards so the other 14 divide by 2 = 7)
3bet Hands: Original 8 maybe + 2 = 10 just cuz of position

Late Position:
Hands played: 44
Hands Raised: 26 + 5 = 31(again, assuming half of the time, 10/2=5)
3bet Hands: Original 8 + 4 = 12

OK, now to find out my VPIP/PFR!!!

VPIP would be the average hands played, so (HPE (Hands played Early) + HPM + MPL)/3 = (19+34+44)/3 = 32 Hands divide by 169 Hands Total x 100% = 19%
PFR do same thing and I get (19+26+31)/3 = 25/169x100% = 15%
3Bet% would amount to 7%.

So at this moment, I don't know why we are raising with 22-88 but overall the VPIP/PFR of this strategy is 19/15 and 3bet is at 7

A litte on the tight side, but I like it!

Edit: I should reference Melioris, as I did get some ideas from his play. Thanks.