View Single Post
Old 01-03-06, 11:09 AM
♀♥♫

rookette22 has between -50 and -11 Rep Points

If you offer someone a chance at playing in a $5 tourney vs a $10 tourney, which do you think most people ( not you rich guys in here ) but the majority of normal people would choose? Well if it was me, and I didn't have the $5 or $10, I'd try to make a quick $5 in order to play in this so called tourney. If by chance, I did have $10 and wasn't such a good poker player, I'd rather try out for 2; $5 tourneys instead of 1; $10 tourney.

Wrong again. When I first came here I had $1.20 in my account! If you had proposed a $5 tourney, I'd have tried my best to turn that $1.20 into $5 in order to play, no possible way of me turning it into $10 in such a short time.

Stars has tables of .1c/.2c, so I don't care if I have .40c or $1 in account. It's still money. I use the money in Stars to enjoy myself. Ever heard of putting money aside for your own enjoyment? Well, I enjoy playing poker, makes me happy & let's me forget about real life stuff for awhile.
I'm not like most women. I won't spend my money on 'girly' stuff like makeup or perfume or designer clothes. But I will save some aside and buy myself the best pair of running shoes or a comfy duvet or some scented candles, to meditate with (and I do alot of meditating, especially when I part this forum!)

Playing poker for real money is another one of my pleasures. I spend enough on bills and rent, don't I deserve some happy money to spend on myself?

Hmm...wrong again!
I can get a 24 case bottle of Naya water for only 1.99. So that means with $5; I can get 48 bottles. Sounds good to me, I love my Naya.
I'm not much of a fast food person. That stuff will kill you one day. For about $3.75, I can have myself a Hot Grilled Chicken Sub with BBQ sauce @ Subway's. I can have a mmm...Dairy Queen Icecream dipped in chocolate sauce for $4.25.
I can buy myself a new pair of running shoe laces for $2.75 or a wristband for $4.65. I can think of lots of other things worth buying for 5 bucks but I'm sure you get the gist of it.

If you buy wisely, then you can get lots of stuff for $5 or less. That's the problem with spoiled, rich kids today; they don't see or understand the value of $1.

You mean to tell me that if I were to lose all my poker money and I asked you nicely to loan me .40c you'd say no to me? Well, you must be one of those people that crosses the street to get away from the poor woman who's begging for some loose change. No matter how broke I am, I always find some loose change to give out. I've even spared a few bucks in Stars to give to a few friends when in need, and I don't have much! Guess the phrase, "the rich get richer & the poor get poorer," is correct.