View Single Post
Old 11-14-04, 02:17 AM
Rock

johnbaker has between 10 and 49 Rep Points
Default limit holdem SNG's

ok, so the other night i sign up for a $20+2 SNG on empire. I come in, there are 2 maniacs who are raising and reraising with nothing, showing 8 high etc the whole time. Its seriously safe to call them down with A2 high. anyways, 2 of the maniacs got knocked out and i thought i could skill my way into the money.....

WRONG

I'm dealt J10s on the button, the last maniac has 30 chips more than me. the stakes are 50/100 at this point and i have roughly 450 left. I limp, the maniac raises, i call, its just me and him. flop is 8Q6 or something like that, and i figure that jack high is good at this point (yeah i know, its pretty fuckin presumptuous, but i had a tell on the guy based on how long he delayed when betting. my read said he had nothing.) i knew he would reraise with 3 high at this point, so i just called. turn is a K (i think, dont remember too clearly). he bets, i raise, he reraises, i go all in. he has 72o and gets a 2 on the river.

see heres my question: why would there be so many dumbshits in a 20 buyin LIMIT holdem game at midnight on a friday? do these people not understand that a re-reraise in limit is not going to make a comitted player fold? or did i just run into a bunch of drunks and get unlucky as hell? i know one thing for sure; im never playing limit again below 5/10 cash games. whatever.... the guy got knocked out outside the money, i was cheering on everyone else to knock him out hahaha... the guy who did is my fucking hero.

-jB