View Single Post
Old 11-12-08, 06:10 AM
Fish

Itsascience has between 50 and 99 Rep Points
Default Book Suggestions?

After analyzing these forums (literally) since 11pm central time, I have finally decided to register and post in the community. I appreciate the welcome and look forward to learning and interacting with you all.

My question:
What are some of the books/authors you established players have read that you would say got you to where you are today as successful online players?
I haven't read any literature on the theories of the game, and well, here is a little short bio I guess.

I have been playing poker off and on since I was 16 and in high school (I am a 20 year old college student) but I am looking to start from the ground. I am smart enough, and have the time and money (about 2k starting bankroll) to invest in following in the tracks of some of the more well known players on these forums. I have played online with more of a recreation fashion, meaning I don't track profits/losses, play nightly sessions, etc. and mostly have been playing for the general enjoyment of the game. I have a very addictive/obsessive personality and once I get onto something, I don't let it go until I have it mastered. Obviously, once I master this I will play as long as it is profitable.

I intend on updating my progress as a poker player on the forums and look forward to gettin to know everyone on here.

Again, highlights of the post:
1. Best books for intermediate players?
2. Any other starting advice?