Thread: NBA Finals
View Single Post
Old 06-14-11, 07:40 PM
Poker? Yeah, three times a night!

GTDawg has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsGTDawg has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsGTDawg has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsGTDawg has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsGTDawg has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsGTDawg has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsGTDawg has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsGTDawg has between 1000 and 1499 Rep PointsGTDawg has between 1000 and 1499 Rep Points

"The fact is Dallas destroyed Miami."

I'm not sure if Dallas destroyed Miami...

They were in every single game and had second half leads in pretty much every game. And, hell, they legitimately should've won the first 4 games. They were a ridiculous collapse away from being up 3-0 AND they had a 9? point lead in the 4th quarter of game 4.

Their half-court offense is absolutely dreadful, especially late in games. Too many extra passes, nobody excited about shooting the ball, and they are left with stupid deep 2 or 3-point shots with 2 seconds left on the shot clock.

They need a center that can help with their offensive rebounding, as well as somewhere to feed the ball and score points without relying on dribble/drives and mid-range jumpers.

They also need to get a point guard and work on the LeBron/Wade chemistry off the ball. LeBron played absolutely terrible away from the ball. He just looked completely lost at times with no idea how to find an opening where he could get a shot or drive. And, when that wasn't happening, he was standing in the corner by the 3-point line doing absolutely nothing. He might as well taken a seat in the first row.

And, LeBron needs to work on either a low-post move or a mid-range jumper. If he isn't driving, then he is dying at the 3-point line (deep 2). He needs the Dirk turnaround fade knee up shot...

===========
I don't see how the Heat can win 4 or anything, but they aren't going to get any worse over the next several years. In fact, there is the real possibility that they get stupidly better.

The Boozer thing in Chicago seems to be a fail of epic proportions considering his playoff showing...There needs to be a second option outside of Rose. I don't believe they currently have that on their roster. People can shutdown Rose and watch Chicago falter. And, even then, Rose can sputter on his own.

The Celtics...no. Just no.

I'm assuming the Magic are going to fail in spectacular fashion as Dwight Howard goes through a Carmelo year.

The Knicks play zero defense and will continue to play zero defense.

So, the Heat can easily be seen in the Eastern conference finals every year. And, given the things they can improve, they can go up against any team from the West.

Of course, all of this is subject to the new CBA and, personally, I'd love to see a harder cap that would render all of the above talk pointless as several teams would need to figure out how to completely revamp their roster (including the Heat....bye bye Bosh)

Yeah, you make kings run in to them.