View Single Post
Old 11-08-04, 11:09 AM
Captain Charisma!

GeoffM has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsGeoffM has between 100 and 249 Rep Points

That big streak the Raptors had gone one was 3 years ago, actually, when Carter first ran into his real problems with injuries. The last 2 years have been washes, one bad season led to Bosh, and Bosh's first season the Raptors were a bad team. We have improved in several areas, most notably a more reliable and less injury-prone point guard (Reefer Alston), as well as Bosh moving to PF, his natural position, and putting on a few pounds. Like I said, he is a poor man's KG, which is a very good thing to be considered as, considering KG is God on the court. Rose is going to have to step it up this year and be an all-star, and Carter will have to stay healthy. Weak in the middle but Loren Woods has played mediocre so far, and if they can get mediocre play from the middle they will make the playoffs.

They also have Marshall coming off the bench, a versatile big man with range. I'm also happy they are giving Lamond Murray some minutes, this guy was buried on the bench last season and Sam Mitchell has done a good job getting him some minutes. He could be the wild card in the Raptors season, as their bench is nothing to brag about after Marshall and hopefully he can step it up. Watching the Portland game yesterday, the Raptors need a rebounder still, Dennis Rodman perhaps .

Last edited by GeoffM; 11-08-04 at 11:23 AM.