View Single Post
Old 10-28-04, 10:39 PM
Shark

eddo31 has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

nomar doesnt get a ring, because he wasnt a part of the team at the end of the year. he does get a full share though, because the team voted it that way. very classy move.

as for the free agents, i think that varitek will definitely be back. i also think that pedro will be back. i think he likes playing in boston, and that he thrives on the atmosphere, and that that is worth something to him. you cant find that anywhere but boston and new york, and i dont think that he really wants to go to new york.

cabrera and lowe are probably gone, and to be honest, we dont need them that much. hanley ramirez should be ready in 2006, and he will do a very good job, very cheap. i worked for one of the sox farm teams when hanley was there, and he was by far the most impressive player i saw al season. just loads of talent, and while he had some maturity issues in the past, from what i understand he i over those issues. we only need a short term replacement at shortstop, not a long term solution, and we would have to give cabrera more money and more years than he is worth to the team. lowe has been incredibly valuable to the sox for a few years now, but he will get overpaid by someone, and we will not match a huge offer for him.