View Single Post
Old 10-29-04, 01:10 AM
Shark

eddo31 has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

to be honest i dont think that cabrera i going to be that affordable. i think we would be talking about 8 mil a year for three years at least, which really is a bit high.

i know that it is tough to bank on minor leaguers to step in at any specific point in the future, but the sox have four legitimate shortstop prospects waiting in the minors. now i know that a couple of them are a ways away, but having that many good options for the future suggests that we should go for a short term fix, and then if in 2 years we realize that none of the other guys will work out, then we go out and get a top free agent, or at least we get a great defensive guy.

i really believe that hanley is the real deal, especially because he has had to deal with some adversity on the way up, and he got by it. i have played pretty high level baseball, both with and against a number fo guys who were first round picks in the draft, and hanley is so far above any of those guys it just doesnt seem fair. he will make it in the bigs, i just hope that it is for us.