View Single Post
Old 10-29-04, 11:27 AM
Shark

eddo31 has between 10 and 49 Rep Points

i really hope that pedro is going to stick around, and fo rsome reason i think that he will, but if he doesnt i hope that his brilliance here doesntget lost.

as geoffm said, 117-37 is just absurd.

i dont think that atlanta will be on the list of suitors. they have had some serious cutbacks since ted turner got ousted and aol/time warner came in. i dont think that they can afford him. i could see pedro going back to the dodgers, unless he holds a grudge against them for trading them at te beginning of his career. they thought that there was no way that he could hold up for more than a couple of years, and while they were right in some regards, they were definitely wrong overall. the angels will also be suitors, but you have to wonder when the money is going to dry up out there. they have been spending like its going out of style, and they have a couple free agents they have to worry about themselves this offseason (glaus primarily).

as for the yankees, i am not sure that i see that as the best fit. pedro does not have many friends in their clubhouse, and sure everything would be water under the bridge once he joined the team (like it was for clemens), i am not sure that he has an interest in playing there. i believe that pedro is one of the smartest, most analytical athletes i have ever seen, and that he has continually dropped the possibility of going to the yankees as a scare tactic. i think it is just a bargaining chip, and that when the dust settles he will not sign with them.

when he told ortiz earlier in the year that boston was the best place for him to sign, i took that as a sign that pedro would also be back. that there woudl be a lot of posturing, but that in the end pedro would take some sort of hometown discount.

maybe i am just being naive because i dont want to see pedro in another uniform.