Thread: New to the Site
View Single Post
Old 08-06-07, 04:00 PM
Calling Station

Trinket has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsTrinket has between 100 and 249 Rep PointsTrinket has between 100 and 249 Rep Points
Default New to the Site

Well technically not new… I signed up here a few months ago, to browse round the posts etc, but didn’t make any of my own. I thought it’s probably best to start off with an introduction.

My name’s Kris, and I’m a beginning poker player from the UK. I started playing ‘properly’ pretty much the same time as I signed up to this forum. My only background was fun home games between friends. You know the kind (or maybe not, I’m not sure)… mates all learning together, playing the ‘any two will do’ style, and keeping it so friendly that the words ‘raise’ or ‘all-in’ were a rarity.

These days, I take my poker seriously, yet unsurprisingly find myself far from the standards of the people on this site. I also happen to find myself several hundred dollars in the minus side of the column. The majority of that was in the last 2 - 3 weeks. It’s to be expected, I’m learning - I’ve taken to calling anything I lose my ‘poker education fund’ .

Anyhow, I’m rambling. The reason I’m posting is that I’d like to become more active in this community, and learn all I can from people. I’m a small stakes player (the most I’ve played up to is 25c/50c NLHE). As a student, it’s all I can afford right now . I’m looking to reduce the amount of money I contribute to my ‘education fund’ and claw my way back into a profit, learning all the way I go. I’m hoping that one day, I’ll be able to help someone who’s in my position right now.

The past few weeks have left me a little crippled so I’m mostly playing play money on Full Tilt (I‘m hoping that once I redeposit, I can gradually work my way up to higher stakes). I’m thinking of making a video (if I can dig up my mic - do you guys need audio, or will notes do?) so I can perhaps reveal my weaknesses and get them remedied by people around here. I don’t know if it’s worth making a ‘play money’ video (can you guys let me know what you think?), but I guess we’ll see how it goes.

Sorry for the longish post… I’ll leave it there! Just wanted to say “Hi!”

Trinket

PS. I really hope this is posted in the right place. It's sort of poker related... If it's not, then I apologise in advance!

PPS. Any general advice that can be offered is much appreciated. You know, posts, sites, books and all that kind of stuff. Thanks!