View Single Post
Old 06-12-09, 07:38 PM
cha'DIch of the Poker Gods

Kurn User has between 2000 and 2499 Rep PointsKurn User has between 2000 and 2499 Rep PointsKurn User has between 2000 and 2499 Rep PointsKurn User has between 2000 and 2499 Rep PointsKurn User has between 2000 and 2499 Rep PointsKurn User has between 2000 and 2499 Rep PointsKurn User has between 2000 and 2499 Rep PointsKurn User has between 2000 and 2499 Rep PointsKurn User has between 2000 and 2499 Rep PointsKurn User has between 2000 and 2499 Rep PointsKurn User has between 2000 and 2499 Rep Points

It's not, actually, a load of shit. In fact, what they're doing, i.e., contesting the actions of the DOJ and SDNY in court, is precisely the correct way to handle this.

Start a visible letter-writing campaign that gets into the newspapers and you bring the issue to light to the millions of US citizens who normally don't give a shit. Those people are more likely to fall for the opposition arguments: Offshore Gambling = mafia/terrorist/drug cartel money laundering fronts. DOJ types, Republican or Democrat all tend to support these specious arguments. Even the most liberal administration's DOJ is comprised of former cops and prosecutors who tend to view the world as made up of two types of people: Moral majority types and scumbags.

The secondary truth is make this issue front page news in this economy and the vast majority of US citizens will see it as a non-issue and prefer the status quo, and the current status quo is no good for us.(as opposed to the status quo 5 years ago which was good for us).

Get the attention of the right people and the best chance is to have key people i congressional finance come to the realization that there is a lot of tax revenue available in online poker, and since the bills are eventually going to come due for this "skittles for everybody" administration, maybe the current trend can be reversed.

That's a long-winded rant on why I think the PPA is taking the right course here.

Old Norse adage