Thread: Chat ban
View Single Post
Old 10-30-08, 07:19 AM
Fish

justdonkme has between 10 and 49 Rep Points
Question Chat ban

So here is what happened to me recently on stars. Was playing a sng and was chatting with drewjax(railing). So we are bs'n back and forth and all of a sudden this other player named Lysa20 jumps in our conversation and says "What are guys talking about smoking?", to which I JOKINGLY replied "CRACK NIGGA." So next thing you know she says "I'm black and the mod is coming".
Within seconds, a message popped up stating I was in violation of chat policy blah, blah, check email. Go to the email, it says for that one single comment not even directed really at her, (and I had no idea she was black?) they suspend my chat for an entire MONTH. So i email them, pleading my case (sorry didn't save draft of the I sent them first) and they responded with this letter.

Hello Tim,

Thank you for your email.

I appreciate your situation, however the other 7 or 8 players at the tables
simply have no clue whether it is a joke or not. Another player called the
Chat Moderator because they found your comments to be offensive. I must
agree that your comments were offensive. In reality, your last chat
suspension for 3 hours should have been a 1 month chat suspension as well,
but due to a Chat Moderator error, you benefitted from this error.

You have had numerous other chat violations, therefore we feel you are
aware of our chat policies. After a first chat violation all subsequent
chat suspensions become gradually longer until eventually a chat revocation
may be issued. The Chat Moderator acted accordingly in this matter.

I wish you the best of luck in your future poker gaming, wherever it may be.

Regards,
Rob
PokerStars Chat Supervisor

I guess I have had "numerous other chat violatons" (HATE it when the cat walks across the keyboard)!

I don't think that one comment should result in a banned chat for that long. I mean I could see if I was degrading her, but I thought I was joking with the person. Even if she didn't like something I said couldn't she just mute me? No, I think she was mad because I won a few pots off of here. She even had a railbird in our $3.40 razz game! So I don't know get why people are so thin skinned. Even drewjax recieved a 3 hour chat ban (LOL) and he never said anything wrong??? Weird. So no more donkey play cuss outs for awhile for me.