View Single Post
Old 04-17-10, 11:09 PM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

Great thread. A bit on the depressing side, but it's pretty much spot on across the board. It's good to see that people are honest with themselves though. I know personally 2009 was my worst year online ever. I profited overall, but that's including rakeback and bonuses and of course staking, which I seem to have a knack for. Straight up playing and not counting RB/bonuses, I was an overall loser in 2009. Granted I didn't play huge volume, because frankly, playing online these days is depressing for those of us who remember the game from 2006. Ah, the good ol' days...

And shabi/Zybomb - I've recently come to the realization that you guys are probably right. Even with increased rake/tips/expenses and only being able to play one table at a time, I think live poker may actually be more profitable than online these days. Pretty gross if you think about it.

And yeah, obv slp = Wes. I figured I'd just let it run it's course, as I thought maybe he was trying to bring a new personality into the forum to give it a boost or something. I admittedly don't even log in to TP.com myself daily, let alone post that much any more, so obviously I can't blame the scores of others who are in the same boat.

Let's see... I think I touched on everything I wanted to.

I guess for me, the games are so much harder these days and I'm NOT willing to dedicate the time I'd need to to improve enough to really beat them... so that's why I've been trying other forms of poker in the last couple of years to try to keep my interest. My latest thing is these 6 max hyper-turbos on Stars. I don't expect to have more than maybe a 2% ROI in the long run, which really isn't that much unless you are playing 20+ tables (I play 6, usually), but the games are fun and I actually have been motivated enough to study and work on my game.

And speaking of, my stake is up about $1200 now, JD (all from today, LOL).

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker