View Single Post
Old 05-07-08, 04:51 AM
Banned

thadeas1 has between 50 and 99 Rep Points

melioris,

unlike alot of englishmen I dont believe that the english team is the best in the world, you are absolutely correct in saying great players like Lampard & Terry suck ass in the england shirt, a decent england manager would relise this and replace them but unfortunately they do perform for club and being at a such a high profile one only fuels their england chances.

I am not doubting that Claude Makelele is a great player and i never really seen him playing when he was at Real Madrid but to say france won the world cup because of one player is a fairly stupid comment, that whole french squad was full of quality players, you only have to look at players like Zidane or Henry and it comes clear why france dominated international football in the late 90's and early 00's.

English football is on it's way up again, it shows as we had 4 teams in the last 8 of champions league and two of those made it to the final. Dont get me wrong as im not saying the english teams are the best in the world but we are going in the right direction and alot of the biggest football names in the world want to play in our league. We do however need to concentrate on the international team and we will see if Mr Capello can help.

As with my poker skills im a low limit donk in terms of football fans, I support Aston Villa and it looks like we are going to lose our club captain Garreth Barry (he comes from my home town and I went to school with his brothers) and if that happens all the hard work done this season will be wasted.

sjay, they are good odds but i still think chelsea will win, i'll bet ya $10 on it.

thadeas.