View Single Post
Old 11-19-04, 04:51 AM
CELTICS BACK TO BACK BITCHES

drewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Pointsdrewjax has between 250 and 499 Rep Points

Gotta love Barry Greenstein. Anyone who can play successfully in the biggest cash games in the world, and then donate all of your winnings to truly worthwhile charities, is the man in my book. I know this story has gotten some pub., but this is truly amazing what he is doing. I would love to see some sort of movie/show about his life. With the current poker craze, couldnt we hear talk about this, instead of talk of a sitcom about Annie Dukes life?
Also, I envy Dewey Tomko. At some point many years ago he was a top tier player. He was a kindergarten teacher (I taught elementary phys. ed), then he retired to play golf, and win money playing golf while watching his kids grow up, coached all the sports (as I have), then returned to the upper echelon (spelling?) of poker. Ya, not a bad life I'd say.