Thread: Guess my hand
View Single Post
Old 01-16-08, 10:58 AM
I'm on a boat

Reel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsReel Deal has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

This is actually closest. I think this shows the difference between playing good players and bad players. Fairly obvious I have air here and I think someone paying close attention would snap it off quickly (as Gordo, May and BL spotted). I only got involved b/c the initial PFR'er was such a nit that anytime he was caught OOP he'd give-up on the flop if he didn't connect, things changed after the button got involved. However, the button was a passive draw-chaser so I thought he may have called the turn with a Q in his hand or clubs and I just didn't think the A on the river helped him but that I could use it as a scare card.

Anyway, I've been trying to work on "playing the players and not the cards" and I thought this was an interesting case where my cards didn't matter but the fact that the two opponents were only playing their cards did matter.

I know most say to stick to ABC poker at these levels but (a) I'm getting bored with that, and (b) do you ever really improve as a player if you just stick to ABC all the time?

So, off to increase my VP$P numbers...