View Single Post
Old 10-18-06, 12:39 PM
Shark

Dodoubled has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsDodoubled has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsDodoubled has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsDodoubled has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsDodoubled has between 500 and 749 Rep PointsDodoubled has between 500 and 749 Rep Points

Last night, I was hanging out with one of my best buds -- a huge Mets fan. Needless to say, after the Mets lost (or, in JD's case, the Cardinals won), he immediately popped in the tape of 1986 Game 6, bottom 10 (I'm assuming it was to pump him up for tonight's Game 6). We watched and laughed hysterically at several things, including:

1. The announcement of "Marty Barrett" as the Player of the Game"
2. Someone dropping streamers or toilet paper on the backstop during Ray Knight's at-bat ( think it was Knight .. could be wrong).
3. "Ah, the Oil Can. Well, for the time being, it looks like he'll have tomorrow off." - Vin Scully

There's also a lot to be said for Buckner's true culpability in that inning, and the simple fact that he may be the most unfair goat in the history of baseball. I challenge anyone who hasn't listened to the YouTube thingy to tell me the names of the two pitchers Boston used in that inning, as well as the one who uncorked the wild pitch that allowed the tying run to score.