Thread: Top Stats...
View Single Post
Old 11-30-06, 02:32 AM
Adminimus Maximus

Talking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep PointsTalking Poker has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points
Default Top Stats...

I just added something pretty cool to the forum. It's a Top 10 Stats box on the main page, right above the "What's Going On" section. I can customize a lot of the things in it, so give me some feedback. Right now, I have:

Top Posters
Top Thread Starters
Latest Posts

...and that's it. The first two lists are interesting, but will likely get old, as they won't change all that much. The Latest Posts thing is awesome though - that's going to be a great way to stay on top of everything.

If you click on the Title (Top 10 Stats), it will take you to , where you can see more than the Top 10. The default on that page is 25, but you can change it up to 100.

The other things I can include are:
Newest Members (boring)
Top Referrers (small numbers)
Top Reputations (this is pretty cool - with exact Rep numbers and everything)

I can also change the number of things listed (5? 20?) and the formatting of lots of stuff, like including the Date/Time and Posted By columns under "Latest Posts," etc. I could lose either or both of those to make room for other stuff - like longer Thread titles if nothing else.

I've got it customized and looking pretty decent right now, but I'm open to suggestions. Tell me what you guys want to see (or what you don't want to see), and we can make it happen.

Right now, I'm leaning towards replacing either the Top Posters or Top Thread Starters box (do we need both?) with Top Reputation... but I'm not sure how people will feel about that. It's kinda cool seeing the numbers though, since they aren't displayed anywhere else for everyone to see.

If we decide to lose the Top Posters, Top Thread Starters, and Top Rep lists entirely, that's fine by me... but the Latest Posts box is definitely going to stay, as that's something really useful, IMO.

Got RakeBack?
27% at Full Tilt | 33% at Cake Poker | 30% at Carbon Poker