Thread: PT3 anyone?
View Single Post
Old 01-07-10, 02:39 PM
squeezed the charmin

melioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

ok, so I worked out some kinks and have PT3 and HUD working smoothly through 6-tabling on OSX. It wasn't too hard and here are a couple of things I found out along the way.

First, after downloading but before opening, assign PT3 and FTP (and Pokerstars) to the same space. This is done in the Spaces Preferences. I have a dedicated space just for those programs and recommend this, for reasons that become apparent later.

Second, have no other programs open in the space you are going to run PT3 for the first time. I recommend just shutting down everything, but certainly everything running in that space. Open PT3 and go through the set-up.

HUD setup. This was a little tricky and took a little longer than I excepted. Be prepared for some crashes and glitches, but once it is up and running I haven't had too many problems. Again, the key is to not have any programs running in the space you are running FT and PT3 whilst you set up the HUD.

Now I have different programs running and different shit open in my "poker space", but that caused me some problems during set up. Another thing that screwed with me, or so I think but I don't know for sure, my background on my screen was usually a random photo from my library that changed every minute. Once I put a picture there and didn't change it, PT3 hasn't crashed and the HUD has been error free.