View Single Post
Old 04-16-08, 08:39 AM
cha'DIch of the Poker Gods

Kurn User has between 2000 and 2499 Rep PointsKurn User has between 2000 and 2499 Rep PointsKurn User has between 2000 and 2499 Rep PointsKurn User has between 2000 and 2499 Rep PointsKurn User has between 2000 and 2499 Rep PointsKurn User has between 2000 and 2499 Rep PointsKurn User has between 2000 and 2499 Rep PointsKurn User has between 2000 and 2499 Rep PointsKurn User has between 2000 and 2499 Rep PointsKurn User has between 2000 and 2499 Rep PointsKurn User has between 2000 and 2499 Rep Points

1. Easy fold.

2. In general with no reads on opponent, if folded to you, raise (unless one of the blinds is very aggro and a known defender). If limped to you, call, if raised, call only if you and the raiser have 15-20x the raise behind (otherwise you do not have implied odds).

3. In a cash game fold. In an MTT it depends on a multitude of factors. What point in the tourney? Your and BB's M? Profile of BB? Tourney structure (payout and speed)?

Two comments.

First I echo TP's concern. Second, when you ask about a situation and qualify "in a cash game or a MTT" it sounds like you think the two are analogous. They aren't. cash game and MTT are strategically two completely different games. For your question, the obvious answer is that the blinds are crap in a cash game. Winning them is irrelevant. In an MTT, depending on other factors, winning the blinds often becomes important.

Just because you're playing NLHE in both the cash game and the MTT does not mean you're playing the same game. You're not. In many cases, it isn't even close to being the same game from a tactical standpoint.

Old Norse adage