View Single Post
Old 07-31-08, 07:34 PM
Maniac

greenbuckets has between 50 and 99 Rep Points
Default Harrahs New Orleans Poker Bully

I was down in New Orleans for work and had a chance to play some poker at Harrahs. I sat at the $2/$5 NL table. The first thing I noticed was a guy with a stack of about $3000. There were a couple others with more than $500 but the rest had less. I soon noticed why he had a large stack.

Every bet pre-flop from him was raise to $75. When he was called, most players checked to him and he bet (every time) $300. Checking to him was a mistake but they kept doing it. He was picking up blinds pre-flop most of the time and the rest of the time he was picking up $75 plus the blinds.

He busted two players while I watching with crap hands but his huge stack was making him almost unbeatable.

I folded most of the time until I got AK. He raised his typical $75 and I re-raised all-in. Good move? I figure it's the only move I had. He folded.

A few hands later I got QJ suited. He raised to $75 and was called by two other players. My hand isn't good enough to move all-in knowing I might be called by the large stack or one of the other two. I called. The flop was Qxx. The large stack moved all in of course and the other two folded. What's my move here?

I have top pair and my kicker is decent. I think he is trying to buy the pot like every other hand but his usual bet was $300, not all-in. Is he trying to disguise his hand?

I thought for a minute and realized I wouldn't get many more spots like this so I called. He flips AQ. Fuuuuuuuuck.

Luckily, I hit a jack on the river and doubled up plus $150

I packed up and left the next and headed to drink some Blue Voodoo!