Thread: Mahjong
View Single Post
Old 07-22-07, 08:22 PM
Tin Foil Hat Club Member

Nikita has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsNikita has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsNikita has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsNikita has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsNikita has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsNikita has between 750 and 999 Rep PointsNikita has between 750 and 999 Rep Points

Mahjong really does become easier the more you play it. Not that I want more competition, another quick tip. While clearing the tiles, watch out for traps. There are lots of times where tiles of the same type are next to each other and if they are not cleared right, it means you can't solve the puzzle. Also watch for alternating tiles. Where it will be for example: tile 1 next to tile 2 next to tile 1 next to tile 2. Again, if not removed properly, you've just cost yourself the game. That's what I find hard about this version of mahjong, usually you don't know what the traps are until you've tried the game once, but when you hit new game, it's a completely different board rather than the one you were just working on.

Edit: Forgot about another type of trap, where the same tile types are stacked on top of each other. These are the worse because I find these also lock up the game early on, but you don't find out until you only have about 6 or 8 tiles left.

Last edited by Nikita; 07-22-07 at 08:27 PM.