View Single Post
Old 04-14-08, 06:11 PM
squeezed the charmin

melioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Pointsmelioris has between 3000 and 3499 Rep Points

Ok, I think I am being dumb, but I don't get what you are saying.

The colors are unnecessary descriptors. His total winnings (shown on graph) is his non-SD (not shown) + his SD (shown). The Sklanksky bucks line is only as good as it is calculated, and I have heard that it is calculated poorly in pokerEV, so I don't put a lot of faith in it. But looking at his SD winnings ($0) and his total winnings ($300) it tells us that he is winning all his monies in non-SD pots. Extrapolating out from this, akverno is aggressive postflop, firing multiple streets and winning a lot of pots (probably not with the best hand) by folding people out on the flop, turn, and river. if we plotted his winrate in non-SD pots (total winnings-SD winnings), the slope of that line doesn't have to change. Does this make sense?

So, theoretically, as long as he continues to break even in SD pots, he could maintain his current winrate as long as the tables do not adjust. The problem with this style is that 1). it is very exploitable and 2). it is actually difficult to keep your SD line around the break even.

I would hazard a guess that Akverno is running well not because his total winnings line is so far above his SD winnings, but in fact the opposite. I think Akverno is running hot because his SD winnings is too high compared to where it should be to maintain the extrapolated non-SD winning line. IE, if he is that aggressive and taking down pots, when he has been getting looked up his has had the goods more times than he deserves to based on this style.

Does this make sense?